Note: During the 2020-21 school year, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, access to campus is limited to essential personnel and students. Parents may drop off and pick up Lower School students at the Union Turnpike LS entrance. Middle and Upper School students will use the Kew Forest Lane gate. All admission-related events will be held virtually via Zoom.
In a typical year the following is true for parking at or near the school:
As in all New York City neighborhoods, parking is tight in and around Kew-Forest. We ask visitors to be patient with this situation and plan enough time to find parking when visiting the school. Also, please note:
- On school days, a limited number of spaces are available in the Visitor Parking Lot (to your immediate right, as you enter through the 78th Avenue gate of the school). If you are driving and using GPS, type in the address: 111-05 78th Avenue Queens, NY. That is the address of a house across the street from the back of the school, but will navigate you to the entrance gate of our parking lot. If you park in the Kew-Forest lot, you are required to leave your car make and license plate number with our Security Guard upon entrance to the school.
- If you arrive during morning drop-off (7:40 a.m. – 8:10 a.m.): the 78th Avenue electric gate will be open for cars and pedestrians, and school personnel will supervise.
- If you arrive during the school day (8:10 a.m. – 3:25 p.m.): visitors must call the reception desk by phone and identify themselves and the purpose of their visit, in order for the electric gate to be opened. The main K-F phone number is on the sign on the outside of the gate.
- If you arrive at dismissal (2:45 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.): the 78th Avenue electric gate will be open for drivers and pedestrians, and school personnel will supervise.
- When leaving the parking lot by car when the electric gate is closed: drivers must follow the instructions on the sign on the inside of the gate. These instructions direct the driver to pull forward slowly and stop as the gate activates. Once a car passes through, the gate automatically re-closes. The electric gate has sensors and safety features which prevent the gate from closing on a vehicle.
- If you cannot find parking at Kew-Forest or on the nearby streets, there is a convenient parking garage under the black glass office building off Queens Boulevard, just past Union Turnpike. The entrance to this garage is at 84th Road.