Admission

Affording Kew-Forest

Education costs can be daunting.  This is especially true at non-profit independent schools, like Kew-Forest, which receive no financial support from government or religious organizations.  Our small classes, expert teachers, and diverse extracurricular offerings can only exist with the support of tuition dollars, auxiliary programs, and charitable contributions.  We know the price tag is steep.  Our commitment to you is simple: every dollar we collect will be used to keep your children’s classes small and their schooling rich, vigorous, and thorough.

2020 - 2021 Tuition

Preschool (3-year-olds) / Pre-K (4-year-olds) Half-Day: $20,150
Preschool (3-year-olds) / Pre-K (4-year-olds) Full-Day:  $32,370
Kindergarten (5-year-olds) Full Day:  $32,370
Grades 1-5:  $35,980
Grades 6-8:  $39,240
Grades 9-12:  $41,750

Tuition includes the costs of hot daily lunch, snacks, student accident insurance, and all books.

International Student Fee:  $3,900
This annual fee is assessed of students in grades 6-12 who attend Kew-Forest on a school-sponsored F-1 student visa to defer costs associated with the additional oversight and services provided to international students.

Tuition Assistance

At Kew-Forest, we recognize that there are countless prospective families who will enrich our community, but who are unable to contribute full tuition.  That’s why 45 percent of students receive tuition assistance (TA).  The premise of TA is simple: we ask families to pay only what they can reasonably afford.  Independent school education requires financial sacrifices, but we do not expect or want families to bankrupt themselves paying tuition.
 
Kew-Forest uses the Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) system to process TA applications. TA applications are separate from admission applications and must be completed annually; families need to resubmit each year for which they are seeking assistance.

To begin your application, please visit Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) to create an account and upload documents. There is a $40 application fee. If you have difficulty accessing or navigating the application, please call the FAST 24/7 helpline at 877-326-FAST.  

Tuition Payment Plans

Kew-Forest offers three tuition payment plans to help families manage this expense. All families, new and returning, are asked to secure their child's enrollment by signing an enrollment contract and paying a non-refundable enrollment deposit applied toward the full tuition amount. Parents select a payment plan with their enrollment contract. For the 2021-22 school year, the plan options are as follows: 

Option A:
One payment in full of the balance of the tuition, after the deposit is applied, due on or before June 15, 2021.

Option B:*
Two payments made via automatic bank draft through the FACTS program, with the first installment of 60% of the balance of the tuition due on or before June 15, 2021, and the second installment of the remaining 40% due on or before November 15, 2021.

Option C:*
The balance of the tuition is payable in eight (8) equal monthly installments deducted via automatic bank draft through the FACTS program. The first installment is due on or before June 15, 2021, with the last installment due in January 2022.

*Installment and credit card payments incur additional service charges.

Tuition Assistance Application Deadlines

2021-22 School Year
New and Returning Families

FAST application submissions ($45 app fee):
November 13, 2020 to January 1, 2021

2019 tax documents due:*
January 15, 2021

2020 tax documents due:*
March 15, 2021
 
*Required tax documents include W-2s, 1099s, and other income-reporting documents; 1040s and accompanying schedules; and, for families who own businesses, business returns and schedules. Mortgage statements will be required of property owners. Bank statements may be requested on a case-by-case basis. All tax documents must be submitted directly to FAST for verification.
 
For questions about tuition assistance, please contact:

Soraya Díaz Tamayo
Director of Admission & Tuition Assistance
admission@kewforest.org
718-268-4667
 

The Kew-Forest School

119-17 Union Turnpike
Forest Hills, NY 11375
(718) 268-4667
The oldest independent school in the borough of Queens, The Kew-Forest School is an independent co-educational, college preparatory school for students in Preschool through Grade 12.